Thursday, June 11, 2009

N = Nightmare, otherwise known as Newsroom Café

Overall: 0

You know when you have one of those days where everything just sucks? That was my life the day we went to the Newsroom Café in Beverly Hills.
My co-blogger and I started the day off hungover. We had been out the previous night for one of our fellow drinkers’ bachelorette party and had drank our body weight in various forms of alcohol. We got so drunk that we stole a camera, threatened to punch people in the face, and kissed an unattractive stranger (and by “we” I mean my co-blogger).
But I digress.
We arrived in the late afternoon for brunch and ordered bloody marys as we waited at the middle of a table for six, across from each other, for our friends to arrive. We were told by our waiter that the Newsroom had run out of their bloody mary mix and there would be none for us that day. After tossing some serious attitude at our braces-wearing waiter, against our better instincts and because we thought our friends would be joining us soon, we decided to stay.
After perusing the Newsroom’s long, disjointed hodge-podge of a menu, we settled on two dishes we thought would be fun: a spicy curry shrimp dish and an omelet with smoked salmon. I think this may have been the grossest food I have ever eaten in my life. I am nauseous thinking about it now.
By the end of our meal, we still hadn't heard from the others who were supposed to join us, so we left: bloody mary-less, angry, bitter, still very hungover, and now a bit nauseous. The only cure we could come up with for our misery was dessert at Diddy Riese, http://www.diddyriese.com, the Westwood mainstay. It worked (for the most part) – two fresh cookies with a scoop of Dreyers ice cream for a mere buck fiddy made things better, but could not make up for the fact that the Newsroom sucks.

1. Spice - 0.0
2. Complexity - 0.0
3. Garnishes - 0.0
4. Overall Taste - 0.0
5. Price - 0.0

Overall: 0.0

No comments: