Thursday, April 23, 2009

K: Kitchen 24

Overall: 3.6

Look, I love Barney's Beanery and all other party eateries in WeHo/HW, but sometimes you just want to have brunch without catching an STD. Jokes aside (I'm not joking - have you been to Barney's?) Kitchen 24 (kitchen24.info) is cut from a different cloth. Pristine white countertops and a bright room are always a nice surprise, especially in a neighborhood known for its nightlife. (Note: we were there at 3 p.m. rather than 3 a.m. when the bars get out and a DJ is spinning. So yes, you can probably scratch most of this paragraph.)

The bloody marys were hands down the largest I've ever gotten at a restaurant; I feel like it was a half gallon, respectively. The quantity over quality rule doesn't apply here - they were really good. And bonus: I learned Baltimore's nickname is "Charm City" when our MD-based bartender explained why he rimmed the glasses with Old Bay. So, add that to the useless info file in which I specialize.

I would absolutely come back here, and hope to someday in the near future. Breakfast served all day and night, full bar, DJ, dessert cocktails, open 24/7… the list of good things just doesn't stop.

1. Spice - 3.0
2. Complexity - 3.25
3. Garnishes - 4.0
4. Overall Taste - 3.75
5. Price - 4.0

Overall: 3.6

No comments: