Monday, March 30, 2009

I: I Cugini


Overall: 2.8

If you want to have a stunning Sunday brunch with a gourmet buffet, live jazz, view of the ocean and don't plan on drinking bloody marys, I Cugini (http://www.blogger.com/www.icugini.com/) is for you. If bloodys are an intricate part of your Sunday jazz brunch as they are for us, save yourself the cash and reread our posting for "H".

I Cugini is hands down the nicest restaurant we've gone to so far. There's a strong possibility I was swayed by their bathroom's cloth towels, endless chocolate covered strawberries and the excitement at the possibility of a 4 hour Sunday happy hour, and gave a higher rating than what is deserved.

In struggling to stay grounded and focus on our bloody mary mission, I will say this: the bloody marys are only mediocre. The presentation was lovely as you can see in the picture, but they tasted as though the only seasoning added was pepper - the black-peppered rim, while very unique, didn't make the situation any better.

So, if you want to gorge on great food with solid live jazz playing, do it to it. Just order a mimosa and look like a bitch.

1. Spice - 1.5
2. Complexity - 4.0
3. Garnishes - 4.0
4. Overall Taste - 2.0
5. Price - 2.5

Overall: 2.8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Just order a mimosa and look like a b**ch" Haha, you guys make me laugh! I'm a mimosa girl, can't bring myself to do the bloody marys. They don't make sense to me, I feel like it's iced vodka tomato soup. I want to try a warm bloody mary. I want to try bloody mary soup! I think THAT might be up my alley.