Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A: The Abbey

Overall Grade: 3.9

Since we're doing this A-Z, we naturally started with The Abbey in West Hollywood: http://www.abbeyfoodandbar.com/

$10 for one bloody mary is somewhat pricey knowing that I'll be having a minimum of 2. However, these had the perfect amount of spice and our drinks all came out with different garnishes which always left us guessing in that fun, what-could-be-coming-out-next kind of way.

Our server was to the point pleasant, good-looking and very attentive. If the drinks were less expensive, I would've ordered more and spit some game, shaming myself by neglecting the fact that I was in a predominately gay bar. But alas, I saved my money and my dignity.

The Abbey gets bonus points for their Trio Hamburger and Hummus appetizers. An overall great vibe, and if the bloody marys were $6 a pop I wouldn't be able to stop myself from frequently going during lunch breaks from my miserable job.

1. Spice - 4.5
2. Complexity - 3.5
3. Garnishes - 4
4. Overall Taste - 4.5
5. Price - 2.5

Overall: 3.9

No comments: